Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Fail


We try to go out for breakfast every few weeks in the winter; you know that couple: they show up, drink lots of coffee, and have a huge unhealthy breakfast. Well, that was us yesterday. And at a whopping 773 calories, it was good that it kept me full until almost dinner.


After a three-hour (!) nap, I woke up a little hungry and had an apple, then for dinner,made open-face chicken club sandwiches from Cooking Light. I felt way better after eating something healthy.

why yes, that IS real bacon

To backtrack a bit, look what I found at Trader Joe's last week:


The prewashed and trimmed kale made making roasted kale chips oh-so-much-easier. I served them with guilt-free BLTs, which we hadn't had in awhile. What a perfect Saturday lunch!


We went to the Creighton game on Saturday (no joy in Mudville) and then out to eat with friends. We went to Jackson St. Tavern in the Old Market. The owner used to be the executive chef at our golf club; we were really sorry to lose him, but glad that he opened a wonderful little downtown restaurant for us to frequent. I had the trout special, of which I ate about 3/4 of the fish, half of the rice, and all the green beans. They were delish - I should have ordered double the veggies and no starch. What really derailed my dinner were the two martinis I had. You'd think I'd learn.


So that brought us to yesterday's breakfast at our favorite breakfast place. I really don't think there is anything healthy to eat there. Maybe some eggs and toast. I don't even know if they have fruit. We may need to find a healthier option for our breakfasts out.

I'm still doing the Fab Abs February. Today was 45 sit-ups, 10 push-ups, and a 35 second plank. I have to say that it's getting more difficult. What was REALLY difficult was shoveling the 3 inches of snow we got last night after this workout! Shoveling really involves your abs. Who knew?!

I need to go do some chores before I can sit down and finish my book. I'm reading Stephen King's 11/22/63 and can't wait to see how it ends. If you haven't heard of it, it's about time travel and trying to prevent Kennedy's assassination. Just the description of the times is fascinating. Everyone smoked everywhere, and the food was REAL - real butter, real cream, you get the idea. And people walked everywhere. I know once I start reading, I'll go straight through the last 100 or so pages, so need to get everything done before I allow myself that luxury.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment