Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

OSHA



No, not the government agency. It's my acronym for my fitness program: Operation Smokin' Hot by August. That's when my son is getting married, and while I will be the "sturdier" of the two moms of the wedding couple, at least I want to be a FIT sturdy!

I found a great app to help with the food and exercise tracking: My Fitness Pal. The database is really extensive. What I really love is that it syncs automatically between devices. I've tried several others, but this seems to be working the best.

I got up way too early this morning, due to a hip and knee issue that tells me when it's time to get up. It happened to be at 5:30 this morning, but I DID have time to make a delicious breakfast. My friend has been telling me about her baked steel-cut oats. It's just one cup of steel-cut oats, 3 1/2 cups water, and bake at 300 degrees for an hour. And MaryLu adds almond extract and cinnamon, so I did too. Talk about delish - I added half a sliced banana, a Truvia packet, and a splash of Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk to the one cup of cooked oats. And since the recipe serves four, guess what I'll be having for breakfast the next few days?!


I finished the other half of the banana for my morning snack. While I wasn't really hungry, I knew I needed a little bit of something before I went to the pool. This whole "food as fuel" thing is really a change in thinking. It makes so much sense!

I came home to leftovers of a delicious salad I made the other day. It's the Superfood Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette that I got from a blog I've been reading for awhile. All of the recipes I have made from her site have been wonderful. It has quinoa, avocado, pomegranate seeds, black beans, red onion, corn, and cilantro. What's not to love, right? (And yes, that is a glass of Diet Squirt. I'm really trying to cut back on pop. Just not today.)


Tonight I'm going to try the Sautéed Chicken with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette from the Jan/Feb issue of Cooking Light, my favorite source of new recipes. I'll let you know how it turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment