Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Who AM I?!?!?

So this morning I was doing a 4-miler and decided to go longer with more hills and more running because I felt like it. Who am I? I really think the cooler weather has something to do with it, because it has been pretty gorgeous here lately, but I can't believe that I didn't want to stop when the prescribed distance was reached! Now if only I can say the same about my long days on the weekend. But I calculated today, and I only have 47 training miles left, and of those, only three long walks (runs) before race day. As Emily would say, EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I was lacing up my shoes on Monday morning and Dwight asked me if I was just going to be in the 'hood, and I said yes since it was just four miles. He said, "Did you ever think you'd say just four miles?" So true. Several months ago, if I would have thought that I'd be looking forward to "only" eight miles this weekend, I might have had my meds adjusted. I was talking about it with Alex, and he said it's all relative. A few weeks after he ran a full marathon, a friend asked if he wanted to go on a 15-mile run, and he didn't even think twice about saying yes. And speaking of talking with my son, The Orthopaedic Surgery Resident, I now know that I can take ibuprofen before hitting the streets, as well as after - as long as I drink tons of water.

With the change of seasons comes the change of wardrobe. It was easy this summer, since I lived in shorts and skirts. I tried on all my pants from last season and none of them fit. I know, it's a nice - albeit expensive -  problem to have. I went to buy a pair of running tights in case the weather on race day warrants them, and the salesgirl at Lululemon had me try on (and ultimately buy) a size whose number I have never seen on an item of clothing that belonged to me. Seriously. I know they're really stretchy, but I haven't worn a single-digit size since - oh, forever. And I have to say, they look pretty good!

This is not to say that it's been easy. I know that being busy with the wedding and this half-marathon training helped, and I fell off the wagon (hell, I fell off and lost sight of the entire wagon train) the other weekend, but the new me just caught up and climbed right back on. I guess that's how the rest of my life will be: being wary and watchful that the fat girl inside of me is trying to get out.

On to the food. While perusing the soup aisle (actually, waiting for a lady to move her cart so I could get to the chicken broth), I found a few new varieties that looked pretty good:

It looks like Campbell's is branching out from its "cream of" category

Another fun find:
Thanks, Whole Foods. This was delicious.
And now for a splurge. I had a $10 coupon at Sur la Table, so this was only half-price:

There's something about this flavor....

Breakfasts:
I know the GoLean Crunch isn't as healthy as the plain GoLean, but it tastes better!
Mix these two together and stay full all morning
Lunches (still my least favorite meal):
Rotisserie chicken, milk, and edamame caviar from the Whole Foods deli case
Chicken puttanesca pizza and salad. When you need a meal on the table STAT!
Mixed greens with edamame caviar and chicken
And a few dinner, both of which are long-time family favorites from Cooking Light:

Shrimp and crab gumbo
Browned butter gnocchi with spinach and pine nuts. And some more rotisserie chicken
Tonight we're having corned beef for dinner. I know, random, right? I was going through the freezer and I guess I bought an extra one in March when they were on sale. Oh well, it goes with the cooler weather. And for tomorrow, well, I do love me some reubens!

TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment