Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

But only just beginning. I haven't put up and decorated the trees yet (we do two), but I have all the other stuff done. Oh, and I may have a small Christmas tree collection...

The mantle


The reindeer's face cracks me up!
Dining room table
Foyer

I'm glad that Thanksgiving was early this year, because I am not going to get to the big trees for a few days. At least I waited until after Thanksgiving, unlike the stores.

And speaking of Thanksgiving, we had such a nice time! Emily and Tony came over on Tuesday in time for dinner, and had to leave on Thursday afternoon, but we crammed tons-o-fun into the few hours we had. Emily and I were planning on doing a turkey trot run on Thursday morning, but Wednesday night was just a bit too much fun - sleeping on the couch for several hours after waking up and taking some Advil was in order for one of us...

I hate it when this happens

I would post a picture of our Thanksgiving feast, but I bet it was pretty much what you had: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberries, corn, sauteed shredded Brussels sprouts (okay, maybe you didn't have those), pumpkin pie, and blueberry pie.

With the holiday season upon us, I counted up the number of days where we have events or are out of town, and it amounts to seven. Well, six-and-a-half. I know I will indulge on those days, but I can be in control the rest of the month, so here goes. Lunch yesterday:

Two-egg scramble with leftover Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and a side of seaweed salad

I had a handful of almonds for a snack:


Dinner was a Big Salad with red leaf lettuce, krab-with-a-k, pomegranate arils, purple cabbage, and radishes. And toast.


Breakfast today:

Mmmmm.....raisin bran......

Lunch today was a reprise of last night's dinner, only I added two tablespoons of Trader Joe's corn salsa (love that stuff). I used a splash of balsamic vinegar as my dressing.


Dinner tonight was an I-give-up. I spent the morning decorating, the afternoon Christmas shopping, and Dwight had a dinner meeting, so I just opened the freezer:


And added an apple
So my goal for this holiday season is to get four days of exercise in each week, eat more veggies, and drink more water. All doable. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment