Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

portable hoarding

I saw a quote that purses are just pretty bags that allow us to be portable hoarders, and thought, "not me". After all, I was the woman who, several years ago after a bike accident that wrecked my shoulder, was unable to carry a large purse so pared it down to the essentials: I got a cute small bag that fit a really small aluminum wallet (driver's license, credit cards, some cash), my keys, phone, and a lipstick. 

Over the years that little bag grew into a bigger one, and while I really like my usual one, I decided to change purses last night. This of course meant changing over my stuff, and that's when I discovered that I could be on Let's Make a Deal. I have turned into a portable hoarder:

omg. i had to stand pretty far back to get all this in the shot

FOOD STUFF
granola bars X 3 - all different kinds. Srsly.
gum

DENTAL HYGIENE
toothbrush
toothpaste
the altoids tin holds a bunch of floss picks

BEAUTY
emery boards X 3
lipsticks X 8 (HUH???)
carmex
hand lotion
nail clippers
comb

MISCELLANEOUS
moist towelettes
Shout wipes 
lint roller sheets
kleenex
notebook (for inspiration!)
pens X 3

HEALTH
Ventolin inhaler
bag-o-drugs:  aspirin, Aleve, Advil (pretty much have the pain relief covered), Imodium, pepto bismol, Tums - 3 partially used rolls (digestive upsets anyone?), Dramamine, bandaids, throat lozenges

MIDDLE-AGED LADY STUFF
fan left over from Erin's and Tim's outdoor August wedding 
cheaters
hearing aid case with extra batteries

ESSENTIALS (although I might argue that ALL of the above are essential)
wallet
phone (that I used to take the picture)
gum


I'd like to say that I went back to my little Coach bag with the bare essentials, but I'd be lying. I did organize things - the purse I changed to has more pockets! And I did whittle the essential lipsticks down to two plus a lip gloss. I figured I really didn't need the lint roller sheets or the moist towelettes, and I put the granola bars back in the pantry, but sure as shit - I'm going to be needing that stuff.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment