Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Challenges

No, not the day-to-day challenges of everyday life, but specific challenges to help me along this journey. Emily recently posted a challenge from Runner's World on her Facebook page; namely to run at least a mile a day from Memorial Day through the Fourth of July. I know I'm not a good runner, but I can certainly walk, ride, or (attempt to) run that mile each day. And since I kind of forgot about it until I sat down to write this morning, I am counting the miles from my bike ride earlier in the week!

Another challenge is from a blog that I read, Oh She Glows. Angela challenged her readers to eat a salad a day during the month of June. This one will be easy for me, as I love salads. She has some great recipes in case you're stuck in the salad = lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots mode. And since I forgot to start yesterday, I'll just have to make up for it today.

I am headed to Des Moines later this afternoon for a date with my favorite brown-eyed daughter. She is on the board of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland, and tonight is their big gala, of which she is a benefactor. And as such, she has two tickets to the event and asked me to go with her. Since Dwight is in Columbus, Ohio to watch the Memorial Golf Tournament and, oh yeah, help Alex and his buddies celebrate his bachelor party, it is a perfect day for me to leave the kitties to fend for themselves and head east.

Seriously, how cute are these guys?!
So I'll be packing up my high heels and Spanx for a fun-filled evening. Emily told me to suck it up and put on my big-girl panties, too, because even though the event is from 6-9 pm, we are going downtown and meeting her friends afterwards. No early bed time for me! We'll see if she changes her tune, though, as she is running a 20K race this morning. I can't imagine wearing heels after that.

Here are a few of the meals that I had this week. Breakfast is obviously a fave!

oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter, almond-coconut milk, and coffee
peanut butter bagel thin, fruit, chocolate skim milk, and coffee
protein waffle, fruit and, oh yeah, coffee

Lunches must have been uneventful, since I photographed NONE of them. But here are a few dinners:

Costco rotisserie chicken, steamed green beans, and kale chips
Chili lime chicken burgers, red pepper strips, and sliced kohlrabi
And best of all, a complete portion-controlled dessert:

omg

Just a note on the chili lime chicken burgers. I know I've mentioned them several times before, but they are seriously our favorite meal right now. And they taste as delicious as leftovers as they do the first night. This is coming from someone who HATES leftovers, so it is high praise indeed.


It's time to change into my workout clothes, put a few miles on my shoes, and then get ready for a fun Saturday. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment