Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Party on!

The bachelorette party was SO MUCH FUN!!! Emily did a great job planning it all, and all the ladies had a wonderful time.

The bachelorette and her maid of honor
Aly had flown back to spend a few days with her parents, who drove her up to Omaha on Saturday morning so the two of us could drive over to Des Moines together. It was wonderful for me to spend two uninterrupted hours with my favorite daughter-in-law. Every mom of a son should be so lucky to get one like I got!

We picked up Emmy and Jeanie (who had driven in from Chicago) and went to Palmer's for salad - figured there would be way too much non-salad food for the rest of the day, so we wanted a healthy start. I love girl (daughter, DIL, and sister) time!


By the time we finished lunch and got to Emmy's apartment, Gail had arrived from Minneapolis so we started cooking and decorating. And visiting. I am so lucky to have such wonderful women in my life!


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here goes:

Wedding night finery



I did make it to one bar after dinner before the girls went on to more fun, but no one wants to see dark pictures of people drinking beer. You've all been there. I was seriously the oldest person in that bar, as I discovered when I had to find the bathroom all the way at the back of the establishment. The bathroom was full of drunk girls - I was just hoping no one would throw up or start to cry. Or both. When did I get old? And why did I think this used to be fun? This is the text I sent Dwight when I got back to the hotel (and had a Templeton in the lobby like a nice sensible adult):



["Like" my Showing Up page on Facebook to receive updates on your news feed!]

No comments:

Post a Comment