Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Just put on your lipstick

So happy 2015! I am starting the fourth year of this blog - hard to believe. Although don't expect great things; I wrote 81 posts in 2012, 35 posts in 2013, and 32 posts last year. At this rate, in a few years I won't be writing at all. But since it's time for the new year, new me, yadda yadda yadda, here goes:

I know I used this last year. Still cracks me up.

Now that I'm retired and our fall traveling schedule is over along with the holiday season, I am finding myself a bit at loose ends. (Although if you looked at our house, you'd be surprised that I'm not busy every second, but that's fodder for another post...) Several years ago when one of the girls was going through a bad breakup, I told her that I didn't care what she did, but every day she had to put on some lipstick and leave the house. It didn't matter if she walked around the block or sat in a Starbucks, she just had to get out. Now I'm finding myself needing to take my own advice. It's w-a-y too easy to sit around in yoga pants and no makeup and before I know it, it's time for bad and I haven't done anything. So I guess slapping on some lipstick is just another way of Showing Up... Although on Saturday, when we saw the forecast for yesterday and wind chills were supposed to be in the -20 to -30 range, I told Dwight that I wasn't planning on going anywhere on Sunday. He said, "Oh good, then I don't have to put on my lipstick!" It's the new euphemism around here. One of us will ask, "Where are you going?", and the reply is "I'm just putting on my lipstick".

I am redoing the last week of Sean Flanagan's weight training program (thank you Christmas and New Year's for throwing everything out of whack), and next week I am ready to start the second level. I looked up the proper form for all the new lifts and moves I'll be doing, and get ready for some whining! First off, I love lifting because it makes me feel like a badass. But starting next week, things I have been doing as part of my workout for the past month will now be my warm-up. Whining and whimpering, I tell you! Now to lose the five pounds of winter weight that I have gained on top of the few extra pounds I've been dragging around so I will be able to see the muscles I am making instead of just feeling them!

And so to that end, I'm back to food photos and accountability. (I'm sorry or you're welcome, which ever camp you happen to be in). Breakfast today was a MaryLu's protein waffle with raspberries and blueberries and coffee:


Lunch today was a Big Salad with romaine, red cabbage, avocado, pomegranate arils, and a hard-boiled egg with white balsamic vinaigrette, and a kombucha to drink (probiotics, you know):


Today's afternoon snack was an Abs Diet banana split smoothie:



If you are at all interested in a photo diary of what you've been eating, you can start a blog or Instagram your food (I'm cathyboll - follow me), OR you can try an app I've been using off and on for several months: TwoGrand. I'm cathyb if you decide to join. You basically post a picture of everything you eat, and you can also log your activity.You can follow anyone you want, or choose people at your goal weight, your current weight, your age, activity level, special diet, etc. I stopped using it for awhile because some of the people seem to be bordering on eating disorders. Like calling ten almonds and a glass of water breakfast. HUH?!?!?! I don't so much look at what others are doing as look back at what I've done. For example, I was looking at lunches I've posted and saw back in October I ate proscuitto, string cheese, carrot sticks, and a few Crunchmaster gluten-free crackers. It looked delicious so I made it again recently.


I'm looking forward to dinner because I'm really hungry I'm trying two new recipes. I'll just keep you in suspense for the next post...


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment