Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday!

It has been a busy week activity-wise, but pretty boring on the food front. Breakfasts consisted of The Usual: PB bagel thin and fruit. I did try a new recipe on Wednesday for lunch, the Abs Diet roast beef and horseradish wrap. It's a little bit of mayo and horseradish smeared on a whole-wheat tortilla, topped with deli roast beef, romaine, and tomatoes. I pretty much make this sandwich quite often on bread, but now it has a name. (The weather has been so beautiful here that I took my food outside and ate on the patio.)


Yesterday's lunch looks kind of nasty, but it did the trick. I cooked a Garden Burger black bean chipotle veggie burger and stir-fried asparagus. I like the spiciness of the veggie burger. I find that spicy foods make me feel fuller. I'm not sure why that works, but I might start pouring tabasco on everything!


Dinners were even more boring this week. I did make a pretty omelet one night: two eggs, 1/4 cup light Mexican cheese, and more stir-fried asparagus.


I did try a new recipe last night, courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats - spinach and chicken stir fry with raspberries:


Before you say anything, I KNOW those aren't raspberries! I just worked with what I had, and in this case it was strawberries and raspberries. It was delicious, and filling (always important!)
The only change I needed to make in the recipe was to cook the quinoa for 15 minutes instead of the 10 the recipe called for.

The recipe used a new-t0-me salad dressing:


I will definitely use it again. I think it will be delicious on a spinach and strawberry salad, or even as a fruit dip. I want to check out the other dressings in this line, too - I eat enough salads that I'm always on the look-out for something new.

In honor of St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, I made us green monster smoothies for breakfast. They are just so pretty, and check out the volume of spinach!


Check out what came in the mail yesterday:


Guess which one you will see more recipes from?! And speaking of Cooking Light, the issue before last was fabulous with tons of good recipes. Last month's was all kinds of meatloaf. I just couldn't.

We're having our next-door neighbors over for drinks on the patio tonight; I'm hoarding some of the calorie deficits for the occasion. The rest will be spent at our friends' St. Paddy's party tomorrow.


The blip on Wednesday was because I stayed up till Dwight got home from Vegas at midnight. When I'm not sleeping, I apparently am eating! And the bag of Rolos I found in the freezer didn't help matters. Nor did the gin and tonics.

Just a note in case you think I have an eating disorder going on. I DON"T!!! Those are NET calories. On Monday and Tuesday I spent 1.5 and 2 hours respectively doing garden clean-up, which torched the calories. (438 on Monday and 585 on Tuesday.) And then I went for a 15-mile bike ride yesterday, which burned 682 calories.


Yes, my face really IS that red!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment