Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday afternoon

I know. Two posts in one day. I didn't want to make the first one too long, so here is part two. Kinda boring, but really yummy. And full of carbs!


Okay, not yet. This was lunch today: big salads with mixed baby greens and spinach, grilled chicken, a hard-boiled egg, and blueberries. And topped with some salad dressing we got last week when we ate at Katie's. It's pretty much just a vinaigrette, and tastes absolutely the best on top of iceberg lettuce, feta cheese, and kalamata olives. And pretty good on top of the salads we had today.


Now for the deliciousness:



We are going over to some friends' for dinner, and Nancy makes a wonderful reuben casserole. I know Dwight is hoping she'll make it for tonight, but I'm pretty sure she's not going to. But when I saw that Great Harvest had this reuben-stuffed rye as one of their March specials, I knew I needed to stop by and pick up a loaf for them. I also bought one for us and may have already tasted it. Oh yeah.

And as long as I was at Great Harvest....


Aly's mom makes phenomenal challah, and while this is very good, it can't hold a candle to Lucy's. I may have also had a piece of this. But it's really just 210 calories that will keep me full until dinner, and I DID torch (and I use that term loosely) 331 calories while working out this morning. That still leaves me 686 for dinner. But as I'm guessing some of those calories will be liquid, I may be in calorie deficit by the end of the day.

I can work that off, though. Guess what this is:


It's my bike computer and new battery. It died on my last ride last fall, and I didn't want to get a new one till I knew I'd be riding. Sadly, I did lose all my data, but - I know this will come as a surprise - I record all the data at the end of each ride: distance, average speed, max speed, temperature, wind, who I'm riding with, route, and anything else I can think of. With the weather forecast to be in the 60's next week, this girl will be pedaling her ass around town. In a good way!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment